DIVE THE MYSTERIOUS GHOST FLEET OF TRUK LAGOON
A set departure at a special price !
Truk Lagoon, known as Chuuk – a group of tropical paradise islands in the Federal States of Micronesia – offers adrenaline-junky scuba divers a cool yet creepy underwater adventure in shark-infested Pacific waters while wreck diving the mysterious Ghost Fleet of Truk Lagoon.
More than 50 major shipwrecks from WWII litter the seabed, making the undersea wonder of the world the best shipwreck diving destination on the globe. In 1944, Americans launched Operation Hailstone, which has been called the Japanese Pearl Harbor, and the bombardment lasted for three days. The attack wiped out 60 ships and 275 airplanes, sinking them to the bottom of the lagoon, so that now it is the biggest ship graveyard in the world.
Most of the wrecks were left untouched for nearly 25 years since people feared setting off the thousands of sunken bombs. Many of the shipwrecks in the scuba diving paradise have full cargo holds full of fighter aircraft, tanks, bulldozers, railroad cars, motorcycles, torpedoes, mines, bombs, boxes of munitions, radios, thousands of various weapons, human remains, and other artifacts.
More than 3,000 people were thought to have been killed and some divers swear that the wrecks in Truk Lagoon are haunted. Destination Truth conducted an underwater ghost hunting expedition in Truk Lagoon. While diving at the Hoki Maru, the divers recorded sounds of running engines in the cargo hold full of trucks. This is underwater awesomeness !
Set Departure Dates :
24 APR – 06 MAY 2013
10 Sep – 23 SEP 2013
25 SEP – 07 OCT 2013
- Return economy class flights to Truk Lagoon
- 1 night Truk Stop Hotel with transfers and breakfast (also on option to stay on board tonight subject to place available - )
- 7 nights Thorfinn liveaboard luxury accommodations in double occupancy including room tax
- 7 Full days diving during each week's visit with pro-rated extensions
- Daily extensions before or after Sunday to Sunday visits are available at same daily costs of weekly specials, as space permits
- 3 Different dives per day - with expert dive guides ensuring safe wreck navigation and technical assistance (tanks, weights and belts included) excludes all Nitrox fills ** (+$45 per additional dive)
- Custom schedules for extended deep dives with double rigs and staged bottles available
- Valet system for personal dive gear storage and pre dive prep
- All meals and snacks between dives
- Complimentary soft drinks, coffee, tea and cocoa.
- All applicable room and meal taxes
- Airport / Hotel greetings and transfers with full onboard arrival history orientation and dive safety briefings
- Saturday Night B-B-Q Party with cultural dancing by local crew
- 1 night Manila
Special Easy Diver Price : R32000 + 5896 taxes per person sharing if only doing up to 3 dives per day and excluding all Nitrox fills ** (+$45 per additional dive)
Packages also available including up to 5 dives per day with nitrox fills.
‘Q’ charges : $80 per person per day covering fuel costs, taxes, port costs, transfers – need to be prepaid.
Govt Truk Lagoon Dive Permit : $30 plus service fee of $5 per person payable there
Airport departure tax $20 per person payable there
Travel and Dive Insurance
Visas : Please note : The only way to get to Truk is via Guam - all clients travelling via Guam will need US visas as Guam is a US territory. Visas need to be applied for in person with the US Consulate.
Personal expenses and gratuities
Dive gear not mentioned
Please not all prices subject to change without prior notice.
All prices quoted on cheapest airfares available subject to seat availability at time of booking.
Should you require any further information or wish to make a reservation, please do not hesitate to contact.